Over the next few weeks we will do our best to inform you of ways you can try to help minimize food waste at home because that is an area where each of us can see the affects of food waste and our budgets. Below is a graph of the percentage of food waste in an average household in the UK. The most wasted area is bread followed by vegetables.
During this process we hope that you will discover food in new ways and learn a new appreciation for food.
- FoodCycle: A volunteer group reducing food waste by giving back
- What to do with leftover bones?
- How to shop and cook for one?
- Work lunches to buy or bring?
- Are you using all of your fruits and vegetables?
- Cost of making your own bread
If you can think of other food saving topics that we should try to address please leave a comment below or talk with us on Twitter @love2feed.